The Center for Tire Research (CenTiRe) of Department of Mechanical Engineering at Virginia Tech is offering a short online course for the Tire-Vehicle Dynamics. The course commences on December 2, 2019, and the registration deadline will be December 16, 2019. The live lectures will run online for 12 days (daily two hours) starting at 8 am and ending at 10 am Eastern Standard Time.
Topics covered under the course will be Tire Force and Moment Generation Mechanisms and Handle Performance Analysis, Footprint Mechanics, Finite Element Modeling of Tires, Rolling Resistance, Tire Materials and Ride Dynamics.
People who have completed a Bachelor Degree in engineering, science, mathematics or similar course can apply.
- Gain an understanding of the tire force and moment generation mechanisms, tire modeling and how to tune a tire for superior handling performance
- Gain an understanding of the fundamental principles that determine the handling performance of pneumatic-tired vehicles
- Gain an understanding of the fundamental principles that determine the ride performance of pneumatic-tired vehicles
- Gain an understanding of the tire footprint mechanics
- Gain an understanding of the tire rolling resistance and fuel economy properties
- Gain an understanding of how to model the tire using Finite Element