The Virginia Department of Education is pleased to announce the 21st CCLC Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Institute.
The 21st CCLC FACE Institute is a two-day institute and is intended for 21st CCLC grantees. Grantees should bring teams of at least two members, but not more than four members. Teams may include the 21st CCLC coordinator/director, a building administrator, 21st CCLC staff, family engagement and/or parent resource center staff, school counselors/social workers, and district-level instructional leaders. School teams will have the opportunity to engage collaboratively in team discussion and planning throughout the institute.
The goal of this two-day institute is to provide a professional learning opportunity for grantees to:
- Understand the link between family and community engagement and student achievement;
- Understand the importance of building staff capacity to implement effective family engagement efforts;
- Develop effective district family engagement policies that establish and enhance effective family engagement practices;
- Understand the need for organizing family engagement efforts in four areas - welcoming, communication, information, and participation;
- Identify the essential elements that must be addressed in every family engagement activity;
- Understand how to design a literacy event that builds the capacity of families to support their child’s literacy at home; and
- Learn how to integrate family engagement strategies with school and student learning goals.
Registration with a lodging request is available through Friday, July 19, 2019
Registration with no lodging request is available through Wednesday, July 31, 2019