If you are applying for a scholarship, please do so before registering for camp. A link to the scholarship application can be found at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuOYNQ0DyJxPL8Zwa15Ogb5DEUHSwGj3d5PU2H73wnAbK5eQ/viewform
This camp is for rising 11th and 12th graders who are interested in exploring the laws that rule our universe, from how the most elementary particles interact to how the Universe is expanding to new and exciting technologies! This camp will cover some basics (e.g., physics and chemistry) as well as cutting-edge, interdisciplinary fields (geoscience, nanoscience, and quantum information science and engineering). For example, campers will:
- make batteries that store solar power
- manipulate nanoparticles to see how changing the size of a molecule/particle transforms its properties
- work with GPS technology to measure ground movements in response to rising oceans or imminent erupting volcanoes
- measure star movements and learn about telescopes
- design algorithms to run on prototype quantum computers!