At the end of the conference, attendees will:
- Understand the challenges facing educators (K12 through university level) in cybersecurity education
- Learn innovative and effective ways to teach cybersecurity to students using hands-on learning
- Learn about various state and national cybersecurity educational resources available to educators
- Understand the history and services provided by the Virginia Cyber Range
- Understand the hiring needs and skills required to prepare students to successfully enter the cybersecurity workforc
- Discover ways to get underrepresented student populations excited about and involved in cybersecurity
- Examine the dangers associated with social media and technology use and how to effectively teach students to safely operate in cyber This conference is open to all Virginia high school, college, and university faculty, administrators, and partners.