What is Lean? Is it the same thing as Six Sigma, 5S, continuous improvement, or operational excellence? What’s the difference or is there a difference? If you’re interested in improving the systems within your organization, then you may know a little bit about Lean already and want to know more about its ins and outs.
Our Lean experts will guide you through the fundamental principles of Lean thinking and an overview of Lean tools and methods in order to get a more developed understanding of all that Lean has to offer you and your organization. Course content will examine Lean as a philosophy and a system as well as identify the benefits and challenges of creating a continuous improvement culture. You will explore ways to get started and to establish new behaviors and capabilities.
This class is suitable for employees at any level and no prior exposure to Lean is required.
- Examine the definition of Lean and understand the core concepts
- Review the history of Lean and its origin
- Identify Lean principles and examples of waste
- Understand the tools and methods of Lean improvement: 5S, Standard Work, Pull, Cells
- Participate in a simulation
- Assess the qualities of a continuous improvement culture
- Determine ways to get started on the Lean journey