DescriptionTopics include: Principles of unit load design; Unit load material handling audit; Packaging design; Pallet design; Material handling systems; Interactions between material handling equipment, packaging, and pallets; Diagnosing and solving material handling problems; Laboratory Tour.
"How to use Pallet Design Differently"
Location: Brooks Forest Product Center, Virginia Tech Blacksburg, VA 24061
Who should attend: Packaging, pallet, and material handling equipment suppliers, as well as the users of these components
• Learn a new service that you can offer to you customers
• Learn to reduce customer's product damage
• Identify opportunities in warehouse audits
• Increase material handling rates
• Understand the perspective of packaging engineers and equipment designers
• Learn Unit Load Design: the systems-based optimization procedures that will improve customer service and increase your competitiveness