This will be a 3-day, in-person course and will inform attendees about the advanced principles of pallet design, how to conduct material handling audits, the basics of packaging and pallet design as well as material handling systems. They will learn about the interactions between material handling equipment, packaging, and pallets, as well as how to go about diagnosing and solving material handling problems.
While this course is designed to be delivered in-person, we will also be offering a virtual option for this course, with live participation, over the same 3-days. Webcams and virtual meeting softwares will be used to include all online attendees in live assignments and discussions.
- Learn how to design cost efficient wooden pallets
- Learn the fundamentals of stringer class pallet design and performance, including both new and re-manufactured wood pallets.
- Learn the fundamentals of block class pallet design and performance
- Learn how to use the PDS software to design stringer and block class pallets.
- Learn how to specify fasteners
- Learn how to design pallets for sheet goods
- Learn the principles of load bridging and how to use it to reduced pallet cost