Although, the course is designed for in-person delivery, we offer an opportunity for a completely online attendance. The remote attendees will have access to the software, watch the live presentations and have a chance to communicate and ask questions from remote instructors during the course. Due to technical limitations, the laboratory visit is not offered to the remote attendees. You will be asked during enrollment if you are planning on attending live in Blacksburg or virtual by Zoom.
This will be a 3-day, in-person course and will inform attendees about the advanced principles of pallet design, how to conduct material handling audits, the basics of packaging and pallet design as well as material handling systems. They will learn about the interactions between material handling equipment, packaging, and pallets, as well as how to go about diagnosing and solving material handling problems.
Who should attend:
- Wood Pallet Suppliers
- Pallet Designers
- Pallet Sales Professionals
- Pallet Purchasers
- Packaging Engineers
- Pallet Specifiers
- Corrugated Box Designers
Topics covered in this short course:
- Learn how to design cost efficient wooden pallets
- Learn the fundamentals of stringer class pallet design and performance, including both new and re-manufactured wood pallets.
- Learn the fundamentals of block class pallet design and performance
- Learn how to use the PDS software to design stringer and block class pallets.
- Learn how to specify fasteners
- Learn how to design pallets for sheet goods
- Learn the principles of load bridging and how to use it to reduced pallet cost