100514 - Intro to Data Analytics
This Intro to Data Analytics Certificate is designed to unlock your potential and power your career.
Establish a Foundation: Learn the history, core terms and definitions to establish a robust understanding and application of data analytics. Gain insights on what data analytics is and why it matters.
Develop Skills: Build in-demand industry skills to complete the certificate program and be ready to apply your knowledge in the professional world. Hands on experiences are utilized throughout the program to best develop your skills.
Apply Knowledge: Use case studies and industry specific examples to apply knowledge for more effective marketing, expanded revenue opportunities, improved efficiency and other competitive advantages.
- Aug 2 = M1. Introduction to Data Analytics and Descriptive Statistics
- Aug 9 = M2. Predictive Analytics Using Classification Algorithms
- Aug 16 = M3. Predictive Analytics Using Regression
- Aug 23 = M4. Clustering, Machine Learning and Blockchain
- Aug 30 = M5. Industry Perspective on Data Analytics, the ETL Process, and Ethics
- Sept 6 = M6. Visualization Theory and Application
This course is not set up to be ""graded"" as it doesn't provide course credits. As such, there will not be any graded assignments. However, participation will be tracked throughout the 4-week program and certificates will be awarded along with Continuing Education Units (CEUs) based on the number of total virtual/instructions hours. Certificates will only be granted to participants who attend at least 80% of the total synchronous class time.
If you have any questions about the program please contact Mallory Tuttle, Associate Director of the Virginia Tech Newport News Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.