DescriptionThe Virginia Tech Data Analytics Certificate course is designed to unlock your potential and power your career. During the full-day course participants will:
- Establish a Foundation: Learn the history, core terms and definitions to establish a robust understanding and application of data analytics. Gain insights on what data analytics is and why it matters.
- Develop Skills: Build in-demand industry skills to complete the certificate program and be ready to apply your knowledge in the professional world. Hands on experiences are utilized throughout the program to best develop your skills.
- Apply Knowledge: Use case studies and industry specific examples to apply knowledge for more effective marketing, expanded revenue opportunities, improved efficiency and other competitive advantages.
• Day 1: May 10, 2021 (Monday) from 8am – 5pm
i. Data Analytics & Descriptive Statistics
ii. Classification Algorithms in Excel & R
• Day 2: May 11, 2021 (Tuesday) from 8am – 5pm
i. Industry Perspective on Data Analytics, the ETL Process & Ethics
ii. Visualization Theory & Application
• Day 3: May 12, 2021 (Wednesday) from 8am – 5pm
i. Predictive Analytics Using Regression
ii. Clustering, Machine Learning in R & Business Strategy