If you are applying for a scholarship, please do so before registering for camp. A link to the scholarship application can be found at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuOYNQ0DyJxPL8Zwa15Ogb5DEUHSwGj3d5PU2H73wnAbK5eQ/viewform
This camp is designed to help curious, young teens (rising 9th – 10th graders) explore different types of sciences, including ones not normally taught in middle school or high school. Relevant, fun, hands-on activities will be taught by our nationally recognized Virginia Tech professors and staff.
- Neuroscience—the adaptive brain!
- DNA form and function
- Battle of the bacteria—a game of survival
- Paleontology—the evolution of ancient life forms
- Serious fun with physics
- Nanoscience and Bucky balls
- Food microbiology
- Crime scene investigation
- Creative coding
- Game theory and experimental economics
- Behavioral genetics: How our genes and our environment interact with one another