The Virginia Institute for Economic Development (VIED) provides training in the economic development process and outlines how this process is used to benefit Virginia's cities, counties, and towns in furthering economic growth and prosperity. During this two-day course, industry professionals will focus on the fundamentals of economic development and set the stage for what the fundamentals mean to economic developers in Virginia. Participants will get a picture of "who to call" and "how to get things done" as economic developers in Virginia.
The VIED program is designed to serve the needs of new economic development professionals; economic development staff; and economic development professionals new to Virginia. Local government officials and volunteer community leaders can benefit as well!
- Learn about the four fundamentals of economic development: business recruitment; business retention and expansion; entrepreneurship and small business development; and tourism.
- Learn how technology enables the four fundamentals of economic development.
- Learn how Virginia's history and public policy impact the Commonwealth's economic development programs at a local, regional, and state level.
- Learn strategies to build assets in your community.
- Learn the role that partners play in the economic development process.
For further information about the Institute, please visit our website at http://www.cpe.vt.edu/vida/ or contact Connie Long at e-mail email@example.com. For more information regarding registration procedures, contact the conference registrar at (540) 231-5182.